This Christmas treat is very, very easy to make as you working to ready-to-use ingredients to make this home-made treat. However, here a few days before Christmas we can all need an easy fix, if we are having guests coming around to say Merry Christmas.
Apple & Mincemeat Puffs a la Country Living: - 6/8 servings
- 270 g puff pastry - ready-to-use
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- ½ organic clemtine - zest and juice
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 120 g mincemeat
- Mix the apple and mincemeat together in a mixing bowl.
- Roll the puff pastry out and out into 6 equal squares. The height of ouff pastry is 3-4 mms.
- Place a spoonful of the filling mixture into the centre of each square.
- Damp the corners of the puff pastry with the egg glaze and bring them together, pinching the edges tightly to seal.
- Place a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Place cold for 30 minutes.
- Brush with the remaining egg glaze.
- Heat the oven (conventional) to 200'C.
- Bake the puffs in the middle of the oven at 200'C for 15-20 minutes, until they are well risen and golden brown.
- Serve warm.