If it can not snow outside for Christmas, this Christmas candy can bring some snow for your inside decoration of your home for Christmas !!!
If I have found: the original recipe here. And I will the twist of adding a Summer twist in form of Limoncello into such a traditional Christmas candy as "Snow balls", it is a merge of Summer and Winter !!!
"Snow balls" with Limoncello a la Louisa Lorang:
- 200 g marzipan
- 1 teaspoon organic lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 150 g white chocolate
- coconut flakes
- Knead the marzipan together with the lemon zest, limoncello and icing sugar.
- Form this marzipan mass into round ball with the size of a hazel nut.
- Let these marzipan balls cool down in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Melt the white chocolate - I would use my microwave own for this purpose.
- Coat the marzipan balls with white chocolate.
- Roll the chocolate coated marzipan balls in the coconut flakes.
- Let the chocolate coating dry, this takes for hours !!!!
- Place the "snow balls" in an air tight container and store them in the refrigerator, as long as they can last in your kitchen, before someone eats them :-)