April 02, 2014

Hjertebrød - heart bread from "Hjemmebagt"


"Hjemmebagt" - 73 recipes - 34 accomplished = 39 recipes to bake

Suddenly I am in a strong current baking various recipes from the wonderful bread book called "Hjemmebagt" getting closer and closer to the magic step, where I have managed to bake me halfway through the book.

The recipe is called Hjertebrød "Heart bread" as it baked in heart shape oven stable form with a lid on. However, as I do not have such a form and as I did not want to damaged my heart shaped cooking pot handle by using it for baking, I used a round form for the baking and therefore ended up with a circle shaped bread.

The bread making process involves the use of pre-dough. which is when you let a small amount of yeast, flour and water raised warm 24 hours in advance. When you knead the pre-dough together with the rest of the ingredients followed by 2 times 2 hours raising process, where you after each raising de-gas the dough. After this you let the dough raise for another hour in the baking form followed by baking in the form keeping the lid on during the entire baking process.

The taste is great in its simplicity. I could easily imaging to work further with this recipe using olive oil, olives, herbs or other things for bringing a taste twist to this bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...