April 29, 2014

Three flours buns


Why do I call these buns "Three flours buns" ?

Well I am using the different types of flour for the creation of these buns, as it gives me the option of using rye flour, which otherwise would stand in my kitchen without any purpose.

As usual after baking I am freezing the majority of the buns, so I have a stock of buns, which easily can be de-frosted in the micro-wave oven and turned into a "look-a-like" warm bun directly out of the oven after baking.

Instead of buttermilk you could use plain tap water, but I had some buttermilk standing in my refrigerator, which I needed to use instead of throwing it out.

Three flours buns: - 22-24 buns
  • 30 g salt
  • 10 g yeast
  • 200 g rye flour
  • 400 wheat flour
  • 400 spelt flour
  • 2 tablespoons honey or sugar
  • 350 g buttermilk
  • 350 g water
  1. First add the yeast, flours and salt into the mixing bowl of the mixer.
  2. Start to whip on low speed, slowly add in the buttermilk, water and honey. Knead the dough on the mixer for 10 minutes.
  3. After the kneading process, let the dough raise cold night over.
  4. Divide the dough into equal size buns, I always a kitchen scale for this purpose in order to ensure equal baking of the buns, I target a dough amount of 80-90 g per bun.
  5. Place the buns a baking tray covered with baking paper, and let the buns raise for another 45-60 minutes.
  6. Heat up the (conventional) oven to 200'C.
  7. Bake the buns at 200'C for 30 minutes in the middle part of then oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...