It took me a total of 1 hour to some my overdue dairy cream into some excellent tasting caramels, this portion with orange and a new portion of liquorice caramels.
For some reason I wanted to make caramels with orange using the zest of orange combined with 4 drops of citrus flavour. I added the orange zest and citrus flavour after, that the caramel mass had reaced the temperature of 121'C. Another time I will add the orange zest into the caramel mass during the cooking process. Still the flavour addition should first be done at the cooking is done, as the flavour can disappear during the cooking step.
I also decided to fill the caramels into individual serving size during the filling after the cooking, as this is much more easy, so you do not have to cut and pack the caramels after the cool down. However, you should do, what you prefer to do !
Soft boiled orange caramels": - 30 caramels
- 30 g butter
- 250 g dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
- 250 g sugar
- 50 g glucose syrup
- 1 organic orange - only the zest finely chopped
- 4 drops of citrus flavour - optional
- Add all the ingredients into a small cooking pot.
- Stir very well during the heating process of the caramel mass, until the temperature reach 121'C.
- Add in the orange zest and citrus flavour and stir very well. The caramels will start to look like a volcano due to the liquid in the orange zest.
- Fill the caramel mass into small alu- or paper-form.
- Place the caramels cold, until they cooled down.
- Store in an airtight container.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.