As mentioned previously I, well my participant, made it all the way to the final in the TV programme "Danish Idol" (X Factor) and became second in the final. Therefore I had to bring marzipan cake for our celebration at work.
Instead of baking a more traditional marzipan cake from marzipan, icing sugar and egg white, I decided to jump into spring mood making orange flower marzipan cake :-) I have already share the recipe on mint chocolate marzipan cake with you, which I made as well for this celebration occasion.
The only difficulty using this flavoured marzipan is, that the cake structure is different, these cakes can not hold their shape and they float more out. Otherwise the taste is great. So this specific marzipan is not perfect for baking marzipan cakes.
Orange flower marzipan cake: - 10 pieces
- 150 g orange marzipan
- ½ teaspoon grated zest of (organic) orange
- 1/4 orange blossom water
- 60 g icing sugar
- 14 g egg white
- Start by heating the (conventional) oven to 180'C.
- Knead the marzipan, orange zest, orange blossom water, icing sugar and egg white together.
- Roll the marzipan cake mass in one long roll, which is cut into piece of 5-8 mm.
- Place the marzipan cake mass on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Bake the marzipan cake in the oven at 180'C in the upper part of the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool down the marzipan cakes, before placing them in airtight container.