Today being Good Friday it is time to make a new version of last year´s Easter Lamb my last Easter creation in my kitchen. To adjust the taste for 2014, I decided to add into some lemon zest.
However, I still find the taste and texture to be to plain, so I have no cracked the code for the Easter Lamb yet, it gives me the options of coming up with a new suggestion for Easter 2015 !!!
Easter lamb with lemon zest from Alsace:
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon boiling water
- 170 g (cake) flour
- 170 g icing sugar - sieved
- 1 organic lemon - only the zest
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- Heat up the (conventional) oven to 180'C.
- Divide the egg into egg yolk and egg white. Beat the egg white into a stiff foam.
- Whip the egg yolk, lemon zest, water and icing sugar together into a white and foamy mix.
- Afterwards whip in the baking powder, vanilla sugar and flour.
- Gentle stir in the egg white foam, little by little, as the cake mix is quiet firm.
- Brush the Easter lamb form with melted butter or oil.
- Fill up the Easter lamb, until it is 75% filled.
- Bake the Easter lamb in the lower part of the oven at 180'C for 45 minutes.
- Let the Easter lamb cool down, before you take it out for the form.