During this cold Spring it is good to serve a hot oven dish, so when I found this recipe on gnocchi in the weekly magazine Søndag (issue 12/2021), I decided to make and serve it for my mother on our weekly Sunday dinner.
The only changes, which I have made, was to reduce the amount of chili from 1½ teaspoon to 1 teaspoon, as my mother does not like to spicy food. The other change was to increase the amount of tomato concentrate from 2 teaspoons to the entire size of the small tin of 70 g.
Gnocchi with meat sauce: - 4 servings
- 300 g gnocchi
- 1 fresh mozzarella cheese - medium chopped
- 1 onion - medium chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely choppped
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chilii
- 250 g minced beef
- 70 g tomato concentrated
- 400 g tomato passata
- 1 dl water
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- fresh basil for topping
- Heat up the oven to 200'C.
- Fry the chopped onion & garlic in hot olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add in the dried herbs, let the herbs fry for 1 minutes.
- Add in the minced and fry it until it have changed colour.
- Add in the tomato concentrate, tomato passata, water, salt & pepper.
- Warm the sauce up.
- Add the gnocchi into a baking tray, fill the meat sauce on top, and mix it well together.
- Add the chopped fresh mozzarella on top.
- Bake the dish at 200'C for 25 minutes.
- Serve the dish hot together with fresh basil leaves.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.