It is about time, that I bake some scones for this Christmas Calendar of 2016 with focus on afternoon tea. These scones could be served with butter, clementine curd and tea/coffee.
I really the taste of the scones, which was fantastic. However, I was not to happy about the texture of the scones dough, so I would next time use this recipe on classic scones as starting point.
Cinnamon orange scones: - xx scones
- 350 g (cake) flour
- 100 g butter - diced into smaller pieces
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 g sugar
- 75 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 1 organic orange - both the zest juice approx 75 ml orange juice
- 50 g sucred orange peel (sucat)
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- milk or egg for glazing
- Heat up the fan oven to 200'C.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter pieces and rub the butter into the flour mix, until it look like fine breadcrumbs,
- Whip the milk, orange juice and egg together and add it the dry ingredients. Combine it into a homogeneous looking mass using a eating knife.
- Leave it to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Press the scone dough into a height of 3-4 cm.
- Use a small cutter or glass to cut out the scones, which is placed on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Glaze the scones with milk or whipped egg.
- Bake at 200'C for 12-15 minutes.
- Cold down on a baking rack.
- Serve together with butter and clementine curd.