I will give it another try using only this purple whole grain wheat flour.
If you try to get the hot bread out of the cooking pot you will end up with a broken bread !! so be patient.
Cooking pot bread with purple wheat: - 1 bread
- 3-4 g fresh yeast
- 50 g sour dough - optional
- 380 g water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 200 g purple whole grain wheat flour
- 300 g wheat flour
- Stir yeast, sour dough and water together in a big mixing bowl together with salt and sugar.
- Afterwards add the two flours and stir very well with a cooking spoon.
- Rise the dough to rise at room temperature overnight - minimum 12 hours.
- Take the dough out off the mixing bowl, move 1/3 of the dough in over the rest of the dough, keep repeating this process until you have a small size of the dough.
- Clean the mixing bowl for any dough leftovers.
- Glaze the dough bowl with oil.
- Place the dough again in a clean dough, let is rise again for 2 hours.
- Heat up the cast iron cooking pot (2 l) incl. lid on a rack in the lower part of the oven at 250°C (fan oven) for ½ hour.
- Remove the hot cast iron cooking from the oven, remove the lid. Cover the bottom of the cooking pot with oat flakes, as this will prevent the dough from sticking to firm to the surface.
- Place the dough in the hot cast iron cooking pot.
- Put the lid back on. Place the cooking pot in the lower part of the oven, let it bake at 250°C for 25 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the cast iron cooking pot, and let the bread bake at 225°C for another 15 minutes.
- Let the bread cool down in the cooking pot, before you try to remove the bread.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.