June 24, 2016

Crumble cake with blackberry and apples


This easy cake is an excellent way to clear up your freezer for any fruits picked last year, but not used before new fruit is ready to fill up your freezer again.

You can use a lot of different fruit. In this case I have used a combination of frozen blackberries and 2 fresh apples. One one of my colleagues at work was getting tried of all my frozen blackberries filling up the freezing room at work, so I had to find a way for using these blackberries, while I at the same time could get some brownie point at my colleague, as I baked this cake for him !


Crumble cake with blackberry and apples:
  • 380 g blackberries
  • 2 small apples -cut into boat shape
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla sugar
  • 100 g butter
  • 50 g wheat (cake) flour
  • 100 g oat flakes
  • 3 tablespoon sugar
  1. Heat up the oven to 200'C
  2. Place the blackberries into a small oven stable tray.
  3. Place the apple boats on top of the blackberries.
  4. Sprinkle the vanilla sugar on top of the fruit.
  5. Melt the butter.
  6. Mix flour, oat flakes and sugar into the melted butter.
  7. Spread this crumble layer on top of the fresh fruit.
  8. Place the cake in the upper part of the oven.
  9. Bake the cake at 20-25 minutes at 200'C.
  10. Cool down the cake prior to serving.
  11. The cake could be served with sour cream or whipped dairy cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...