I have located this recipe on pasta with pea and bacon in the weekly magazine "Søndag" (issue 3/2019), as it is an easy dish to make, I decided to make it and served for my mother for our usual Sunday dinner.
I decided to reduce the bacon amount from 200 g to 150, as the pack of bacon contains 150 g, and I did not want to open another pack of bacon, which perhaps would be soiled, beofre I would the ramaining part of it.
For me this pasta dish have some Spring theme over it.
Pasta with pea and bacon: 2-3 servings
- 250 g pasta
- 300 g peas
- 150 g bacon in squares
- 1 leak - thinly sliced
- 1 dl dairy whipping cream, between 18-38% fat
- 3-4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese - freshly grated
- ½ organic lemon - zest and juice
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Parsley & dill- optional
- Start by frying the bacon on a warn frying pan.
- When the bacon is brown and crispy, when add in the sliced leak and let it fry in the fat from the bacon.
- Meanwhile boil the pasta.
- 3 minutes before the pasta is boiled, add in the frozen peas, and boil the pasta and pea for the remaining 3 minutes of the pasta's boiling time.
- after 2-3 minutes frying of the leak on the frying pan, pour in the dairy cream.
- Add in the lemon zest & juice together with the grated Parmesan cheese into the frying pan. Stir well.
- Season with salt & pepper. Add in fresh parsley and dill.
- Drain the pasta and peas from the boiling water.
- Add the pasta & peas into the bacon-leak sauce.
- Serve in bowls.
- Enjoy :-)