November 16, 2010

The last Danish blackberries in 2010 - baking appel-blackberry muffins

I have a nice colleague at work, who keeps me supplied with various thing from his garden like squash, "funny" vegetable (I have no idea about their names) AND blackberries :-)))) These blackberries are just wonderful. I am using these blackberries in blackberry cake sweetened with marcipan and oat flakes crumble lid or in muffins or for my favourite Christmas jam with vanilla and cognac, uuuuhmmmm !!!

Today I made a small modification to my favorite apple muffin recipe:
  • 300 g cake flour
  • 1 tabelspoon baking powder
  • 1 tabelspoon cinnamon - yes, 1 tabelspoon !!!
  • 115 g sugar
  • 2,5 dl buttermilk or thick milk
  • 1 egg
  • ½ dl oil
  • 200 g apple - peel and put into small square
  • the very last portion of fresh blackberries - unknown amount between 200-250 g
  1. Mix cake flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar together in a mixing bowl with a cooking spoon
  2. Add buttermilk, oil and egg into a shaker, and shake it together
  3. Add the liquid to the mixing bowl, and mix everything together
  4. Add apple squares and blackberries into the dough
  5. Fill into 14 muffin forms
  6. Bake at 200' C for 20 minutes

These muffins are perfect for freezing (right after baking), drinking with tea or coffee or sharing with my neighbours or colleagues. As a small thank you-gift, my colleague will receive some home-made muffins tomorrow at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...