At our lemon mousse selection process the lemon mousse recipe number 1 from Tørsleff´s dessert was chosen as THE BEST lemon mousse recipe. It was interesting to see, that we as tasters all had a preference for the traditional lemon mousse recipes.
Lemon mousse: number 1 from Tørsleff's
- 4 eggs - divided into egg white and egg yolk
- 100 g sugar
- juice and peel of 1½ lemon (organic)
- 4 leafs of gelatin
- 1 dl whipping cream for topping
- Wash the lemon - grate the peel of the lemon into very fine pieces.
- Place the gelatin leafs in cold water.
- Whip egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest together.
- Remove the gelatin leafs from the water, lets them melt in a water bath.
- Stir the melted gelatin into the egg yolk, sugar, lemon mix. Agitate very, very well, as gelatin strings are very, very unpleasant to eat int eh final lemon mousse.
- Whip the egg whip stiff.
- Gentle stir the egg white into the egg yolk, sugar, gelatin, lemon mix.
- Place the lemon mousse cold in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Whip the whipping cream and decorate the top of the lemon mousse.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.