October 21, 2011

Sønderjyske festboller - Feast bun from South Jytland


"Hjemmebagt" - 73 recipes - 13 accomplished = 60 recipes to bake

As a part of celebrating Hannibal the Cats birthday I decided to bake some birthday buns using one of the recipes from the baking book "Hjemmebagt".

These buns contain milk, butter, egg, flour, cardamon and yeast of cause. Kneading the dough is quiet a "fatty" sensation, the dough is not behaving as a normal bread dough based on flour, water, milk and yeast, it is really sticking to your hands, even after 10 minutes of kneading.

The buns contains 2 tea spoons of cardamon, in my opinion I would add 1 table spoon, as I found the cardamon to be too weak.

Despite the "calorie rich" formulation, I did not find these buns to be something special. I have tried other butter containing buns, where you get the extra rich flavour from using butter. However, the good thing is, that I got one small step closer to my target of baking my way through "Hjemmebagt".

Could it be, that the new "fat tax" here in Denmark is also having an effect on the richness of flavour ? I recall seeing in the news, how people were hoarding butter, full-fat cheese and meat in the supermarkets before the introduction of the "fat tax" October 1st. And I was laughing for myself about the consumer behaviour. Now I am not laughing, because this week-end I could count 8 packs of 250 g Thise butter in my own refrigerator !!! And I had not even notice this hoarding behaviour of my own !!!!

I have also noticed, that I am "trendy" looking at the introductions words in my blog header, which I decided to use almost 1 year ago. "Rigeligt med smør" quote br. Price translates into "Plenty of butter" OR "I prefer Thise organic butter" quote Hannibal the Cat.
Many food bloggers have followed in my foot step since the introduction of this "fat tax", as they as well as declaring their love of BUTTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...