October 24, 2015

Chocolate-beetroot cake


I some ago stumbled over a cake recipe, which was a combination of chocolate and beetroot, which I found to be a very interesting combination of vegetables in sweet cake.

So when I received a BIG portion of beetroot, it was time for me to bake such chocolate-beetroot cake. The original recipe, which I stored in unknown place, could not be located, so I went searching for another suggestion, and I here I found this recipe on beetroot-chocolate cake, which I made no modifications to.

Chocolate-beetroot cake is really love or hate cake, where is no in between !!!! I love this, but some of my work colleagues had their worst cake experience every in entire life !!!!

Chocolate-beetroot cake: 1 cake

  • 250 soft butter
  • 325 g dark muscovado sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 250 g (cake) flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 4 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
  • 100 g dark chocolate - medium-fine chopped
  • 450 g raw beetroot - finely grated
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
  • icing sugar - optional
  1. Heat the oven to 190'C.
  2. Whip butter and muscovado sugar into a light and foamy texture on a stand alone mixer.
  3. Add in the egg one by one, whip between each addition of egg.
  4. Sieve flour, vanilla sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder, before it is added into the cake. Stir this in by hand.
  5. Afterwards stir into the grated beetroot and chopped chocolate.
  6. Pour the cake dough into a round form (25 cm in diameter).
  7. Bake the cake in the middle of the oven at 190'C for 40-50 minutes. Check the cake texture with a knitting needle, that it is baked, before removing it from the oven.
  8. Cool down the cake. Optional dust icing sugar over the cake, before serving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...