April 04, 2011

Appel muffin with cinnamon and cardamon



I really like home-made apple muffins with cinnamon. So when I found this recipe with a twist to the added spices, I saved it for a day, where I would bake apple muffins. I found the in weekly newsletter from Årstiderne newsletter for week 52/2010 Årstidernes newsletter 52/2010

The baking time for these muffins has really been causing me some difficulties. In the original recipe the baking temperature is 180'C for 20 minutes. I tried this the first I baked these muffins, without any success. My oven is traditional oven without air circulation, so the muffins were NOT baked. Increasing the baking time did not work either.
The second I baked these muffins, I applied 200'C as baking temperature for 20 minutes, this worked better. Howeever, I still could not get the muffins of the silicone forms in one piece, so I increased the baking with another 10 minutes. And this helped. Either it is my oven or the fact that 500 g apple (= 4 Danish apples) is a lot of water or a combination of both.
So be prepared to check, if 20 or 30 minutes is the baking for these muffins in your oven !!!!

Apple muffin with cinnamon and cardamon - 14 muffins
  • 500 g apple
  • 5 cardamon kernel
  • ½ dl rasp oil
  • 1 dl yogurt
  • 150 g sugar
  • 70 g dark muscavado sugar
  • 50 g hazelnuts
  • 150 g flour
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 nip of salt
  • 2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 egg

  1. Remove the seed from the cardamon kernels, roast them on a dry frying pan. Afterwards grind them into a fine powder.
  2. Grind the hazelnuts
  3. Mix oil, yogurt and sugars together
  4. Add the hazelnuts
  5. Add the spices, salt and baking powder
  6. Mix the egg into the dough
  7. Mix the flour into the dough
  8. Cut the apple into small pieces
  9. Add the apple into the dough
  10. Add the muffin dough into the muffin form
  11. Bake at 200'C for 20-30 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...