December 12, 2013

Christmas Calendar 2013 Day 12 - Sesame caramel


I have recently been contacted through my blog, if I wanted to receive some of Dansukker´s products from time to time. And I have accepted to do, that I frequently on my own buy the product of Dansukker as well test out many of the various Dansukker´s recipes, which I when share with you visiting me in my virtual kitchen.

Some days ago I received a bottle of glucose syrup together with various recipes contain this specific product. Glucose syrup is commonly used in both ice cream and in candy. In ice cream glucose syrup is delaying/preventing the formation of ice crystals and in caramels glucose syrup is preventing a grainy texture.

I decided to test this recipe on Dansukker´s sesambrud, which actually does not contain any glucose syrup, but it is caramel type of candy, I decided to add in some glucose syrup to get the benefit of avoiding graininess in these caramels.

And when I also liked the idea of sesame seeds in candy. This also allowed me to use some sesame seeds, which had been staring at me from the kitchen table  for the last two months !!!

Sesame caramel a la Dansukker: - 30-40 pieces

  • 130 g sesame seeds
  • 100 g dairy whipping cream, 35-38% fat
  • 150 g light sugar syrup
  • 130 g sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
  • 2 tablespoon glucose syrup
  1. Start by roasting the sesame seeds on  a dry frying pan, until they become more dark in the colour. 
  2. Place the rest of ingredients in a larger bowl with lid, which can be heated up in the microwave oven.
  3. Stir the mass into a homogeneous mass.
  4. Heat the mass in a microwave oven at 750 W for 6 minutes.
  5. Take the bowl out and stir the mass well together.
  6. Heat the mass again at 750 W for 2 minutes.
  7. Take the bowl out and stir in the sesame seeds.
  8. Pour the mass into small candy forms.
  9. Lets the sesame caramel cool down, before they are stored in an air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...