This is a dish, which combines the first Spring/Summer green vegetable (asparagus, Edam beans and dill) with some very basic ingredients (vegetable stock, risotto rice, butter, white wine, garlic and onion), which I more or less always have available in my kitchen.
Spring green risotto with mushrooms: - 2 servings
- 1 onion - chopped
- 1 clove of garlic - finely chopped
- 250 g green asparagus - chopped into pieces of 2-3 cm
- 100 Edam beans
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200 g risotto rice
- 1 dl white wine
- 5 dl vegetable stock - warm
- 20-25 g butter - i smaller pieces
- Parmesan cheese - grated
- dill -chopped
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- Chopped all the vegetable in the desired size.
- Heat up the olive oil in a bigger cooking pot. Add the onions and garlic and fry them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the risotto rice and stir them around for 1 minute to absorb the oil.
- Pour in the white wine on top of the vegetable and rice and let the wine cook at lower heat, until the majority of the wine has boiled away.
- Afterwards add the warm vegetable stock little by little, let the rice absorb most of the liquid, before adding more vegetable stock. This part of the cooking process takes approx. 20 minutes.Keep stirring regular.
- When there is 1 dl vegetable stock left add in the Edam beans and asparagus. Doing it like this means, that these vegetable will do be over-cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the smaller butter pieces and let them melt into the risotto.
- Serve the risotto with grated Parmesan and chopped dill on the serving plates/bowls.
- Serve together with the white wine.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.