EATABLE HEART FOR MY VALENTINE
Lets start this The Valentine Day with heart shaped buns for my Valentine full of love in form of raspberries and white chocolate
As recipe for the bun I used this Shrovetide bun recipe as starting point. Instead of a marzipan filling I added the raspberries and chocolate pieces directly into the dough at the end of the kneading.
Valentine buns with raspberry and white chocolate: - 12 buns
- 200 g milk
- 25 g yeast - in small lumps
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cardamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 100 g dairy whipping cream - 35-40% fat
- 100 g butter - melted and cooled down
- 500 g wheat flour
- 50 g sugar
- 80 g white chocolate - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon freeze-dried raspberry
- Melt the butter in a cooking pot. Pour in the milk to cold down the butter, so the yeast can be mixed in.
- Add this liquid into a mixing bowl, agitate slowly, while a dry-mix of sugar, salt, vanilla sugar and cardamon is added in as well for 1 minute on speed 1.
- Pour in the dairy cream together into the liquid phase.
- Afterwards add in the wheat flour, knead for 10 minutes on speed 2.
- Add the white chocolate and raspberry, which is stir in by hand.
- Place the bun dough in air-tight container, while it raise in warm surroundings for 2 hours.
- Weigh the bun dough in a size of 80 g, which is placed in heart sharped siliconeform.
- Raise the buns for another 30 minutes. I do it by place the buns inside the oven, where I place the buns over a tray filled with 1-1½ l boiling water.
- Heat the (conventional) oven to 210'C
- Glaze the buns with milk
- Bake at 210'C for 15 minutes in the upper part of the oven
- Cool down.
- Enjoy :-)
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.