I noticed this recipe on broccoli and chicken in curry sauce in the weekly magazine (issue 08/2016), and when I had broccoli in my weekly vegetable box looking into my kitchen asking to be used, it was an easy decision to cook this dish. I have made no modification to this dish.
Another time I would replace the pasta with rice instead of, as I find paste and curry sauce to be a strange taste match. Another would also be to boil the chicken in some vegetable stock instead of plain water.
Broccoli and chicken in curry sauce: - 4 servings
- 1 broccoli
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 onion - medium-fine chopped
- 1 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 15 g butter
- 2 dl water
- 350 g pasta
- 2½ dl dairy whipping cream - 35-40% fat
- 1-2 tablespoons carry
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- Divide the broccoli into small buckets (the stock can be use in home-made juice). Place the broccoli buckets in a strainer.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the chicken breasts in the frying pan, brown the skin on each side.
- Add water (vegetable stock) to the frying pan. Boil the chicken breasts on each side for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil the pasta.
- Remove the chicken from water part.
- Add the whipping cream and curry to the frying pan. Cook up and reduce slightly the volume.
- Drain the cooked paste into the strainer containing the broccoli.
- Serve and enjoy.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.