You are perhaps very well aware, that I had a rhubarb theme for the recent birthday coffee, so now it is time for me to share the recipe on the cream cake with white chocolate and rhubarb with you.
This cream cake is a combination of various thing such as cream cake buns, white chocolate (with inspiration from (CakeLiving) and rhubarb compote a la Sæson (issue April 2016).
Cream cake with white chocolate and rhubarb:
- 3 cream cake buns
- 500 ml dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
- 1 organic lemon - only the zest
- 200 g white chocolate - chopped
- 4 leaves of gelatine
- 600 g rhubarb - chopped into 1-2 cm pieces
- 200 g sugar
- 2 vanilla pod - only the corn
- icing sugar
- Start by the cake cream with white chocolate.
- Place the gelatine leaves in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Heat up the dairy whipping without let it boil.
- Stir in the chopped white chocolate into the hot cream, stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Stir in the lemon zest.
- Pour the cream mass into a bowl, where cling film is placed directly on the surface of the cream to avoid formation of a skin layer.
- Place the white chocolate cream in the refrigerator for minimum 3-4 hours or night over.
- Meanwhile make the rhubarb compote.
- Cook up the rhubarb pieces, sugar,vanilla corn and pods in a medium cooking pot. Cook until the rhubarb pieces are soft (approx. 10 minutes).
- After cooking remove the vanilla pods.
- Remove 1-2 tablespoons of the rhubarb syrup and store for later use in the glazing of the cake.
- Cool down the rhubarb compote.
- After 3-4 hours it is time to put the cream cake together.
- Whip the white chocolate cream until its creamy and airy.
- Place the first cream cake bun on a cake tray.
- Spread ½ of the white chocolate cream on top of the first cream cake bun.
- Spread ½ of the rhubarb compote on top of the white chocolate cream.
- Place the second cream cake bun on top of the rhubarb compote.
- Spread the rest of the white chocolate cream on top of the second cream cake bun.
- Spread the rest of the rhubarb compote on top of the white chocolate cream.
- Place the third cream cake bun on top of the rhubarb compote.
- Place the cream cake for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Prior to serving the cream cake making a glazing for the top cream cake bun out of the removed rhubarb syrup and icing sugar.
- Enjoy :-)
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.