During my recent first Summer vacation in Alsace I enjoyed freshly baked brioche every day for breakfast, so while I doing some shopping I found some brioche flour mix made of flour and egg powder.
Now I have been making my first brioches as buns baked in muffin forms. And the taste is just great :-) I did not quiet understand the recipe details besides from the ingredients needed, so I used my gut feel making the brioche dough.
Brioche buns with French brioche mix: - 15 brioche buns
- 700 g brioche flour mix
- 350 g whole milk
- 16 salt
- 80 g sugar
- 130 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 20 g yeast
- Add the milk, yeast, salt, sugar and eggs in the mixing bowl on stand alone mixer. Mix it together for 1-2 minutes at speed 2.
- Add in the flour, and let the dough be mixed for 5 minutes at speed 2.
- Let the dough raise for 1-1½ hour.
- Place 80-90 g brioche dough in each muffin form.
- Place the brioche in the oven with 1½ liter boiling water poured into a tray below the plate with brioche dough. This will really boost the raising of the final bun to a very big size. Let the dough raise in steam for 30 minutes.
- Remove the brioches from the oven.
- Heat up the oven to 180'C.
- Bake the brioches at 180'C for 15 minutes.
- Cool down the brioches.
- Enjoy with good cup of tea (or coffee).
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.