I have located this recipe on rhubarb cake in the free magazine "Sæson" (issue April 2016), which has focos on using more fruit and vegetable in your food.
The cake quiet interesting, when reading the recipe, however the final result is more of a average, not so interesting cake. And it takes quiet so more time to make this cake, as it contains two different dough as well as the rhubarb compote.
Rhubarb a la Sæson:
- Rhubarb compote
- 300 g rhubarb - cleaned and chopped into smaller pieces
- 100 g sugar
- ½ vanilla pod
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger - grated
- Crumble dough
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g almond flour
- 100 g cold butter - diced
- Cake dough
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100 g soft butter
- 100 g butter
- 2 eggs
- 100 g (cake) wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 50 g almond splits
- Add rhubarb pieces, sugar, vanilla corn and pod together with the ginger to a cooking pot.
- Heat up and let the rhubarb compote boil gentle for 10 minutes,
- Remove the vanilla pod.
- Let the rhubarb compote cold down,
- Mix the crumble dough ingredients together in form of sugar, almond flour and butter. Put the crumble dough aside for later use.
- Whip soft butter, vanilla corns and sugar white using an electrical hand mixer.
- Add in one egg by the time, while whipping the dough.
- Mix flour and baking powder together. Sieve it into the cake dough.
- Stir the dough by hand into a homogenous mass.
- Heat up the oven to 180'C.
- Add 1/3 of the crumble dough into the bottom of the baking tray.
- Add the cake dough on top of the crumble dough.
- Pour the rhubarb compote on top of the cake dough.
- Add the remaining part of the crumble dough on top of the rhubarb compote.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with almond splits.
- Bake the cake at 180'C for approx.45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down prior to serving it.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.