Koldskål (cold buttermilk dish) is traditional Danish Summer dish for the very warm Summer days, when you find it to hot to cook a warm meal. In my opinion you can either serve this dish as a cold main course or as dessert, it depends on your individual preferences.
I have found this recipe in the magazine (Isabellas), and I have made a few changes, so it fitted into the ingredients available in my kitchen.
Koldskål med ymer og creme fraiche - cold buttermilk dish: - 4 servings
- 1 organic lime - zest and juice or use lemon as in the original recipe
- 8 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 vanilla pod - only the corns
- 500 g ymer - classic Danish high protein fermented dairy product - instead of you should 250 g quark/fromage frais
- 125 g sour cream with 18% fat
- 1 l buttermilk or 1.25 l buttermilk, if you use quark
- fresh Summer fruit for as topping
- savoury small biscuits or müsli as topping
- Add the vanilla corn, lime zest, lime juice and icing sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Mix it together by hand using a whisker
- Afterwards add in the ymer and sour cream, whip everything together by hand.
- Finally add in the buttermilk and stir well.
- Taste and adjust if needed with extra icing sugar or lime/lemon juice
- Store cold for min 1 hour.
- Serve in small bowl using fresh Summer fruit, savoury biscuits and müsli as topping.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.