August 25, 2016

Plum tomato chutney


This is not a jam recipe, but a chutney recipe, which in my opinion also fits into this month theme of jam. My good friends in Horsens have a garden full of plum trees, which gives them a surplus being freely shared amongs their friends. So I recently receive a portion of 3-4 kg plums, which I either enjoy fresh or make more storable by in this case making chutney.


I have found this recipe on plum tomato chutney, where I have a few modifications, so it fitted to the available ingredients in my kichen.

Plum tomato chutney:

  • 600 g dark plums - destoned
  • 4 red cherry tomatoes - diced
  • 4 yelloe cherry tomatoes - diced
  • 5 cm ginger - grated
  • 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
  • 1 red onion - medium-fine chopped
  • 1½ dl sugar
  • 5 tablespoons apple vinegar
  • ½ teaspoon balcamico
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 5 white & 5 black pepper corns
  1. Add all the ingredients in a medium cooking pot.
  2. Let everything boil gentle for 1 hour without lid.
  3. Pout the chutney into glasses, which have been prepared by boiling water.
  4. Let the chutney stored for 1-2 weeks, before you start using it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...