In line with my monthly theme of pumpkin and making sure to use up pumpkin leftovers from last week-end I have been baking my fist ever pumpkin pie using this Mad og Bolig recipe as starting point.
Pumpkin pie: - 1 pie
- 1 ready-to-use pie dough
- 450 g pumpkin meat
- 3 eggs
- 180 g dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
- 165 g full-fat milk
- 150 g sugar
- 50 g (cake) wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sat
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon clove
- Boil the pumpkin meat for 10 minutes, until the pumpkin meat is soft. Remove the water and blend the pumpkin meat into pumpkin mash. Slightly cool down the pumpkin mash.
- Heat up the oven to 210'C.
- Add the eggs into the pumpkin mash and whip everything together.
- Add in the whipping cream and milk, and whip again.
- Add in the various spices, and whip again.
- Add in the sugar and wheat flour, and whip again.
- Cover the pie form with the pie dough.
- Fill the pumpkin pie mass into the pie dough.
- Start by baking the pumpkin pie at 210'C for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 180'C and bake for another 50 minutes.
- Let the pumpkin pie cool down for minimum 2 hours, before the pie is cut.
"ready-to-use pie dough" - Det mener du vel ikke....ReplyDelete
Det mener jeg. Hvis man ikke er en mester til at lave tærtedej, så brug dog en ready-to-use dej !Delete