In December Ris à l´amande is THE Christmas dessert in Denmark. And at work it will be served every Friday at lunch, starting from the Friday before the first Sunday in Advent. And some of these dessert portion will actual contain whole almonds, where the lucky finders will be able to pick up a small present in form of Christmas cookies, candy and a mandarine. Even though I have working many years, where I have been working at my present work place, I think I only twice have gotten a portion of ris à l´amande with a whole almond in-side, whereas some of my colleagues have almost a weekly "hit rate" on the whole almond.
So today I will share my way of making ris á l´amande with you for a dessert for this second Sunday in Advent.
Ris à l´amande (Traditional Danish rice pudding with warm cherry sauce) - 4 persons:
- almond split from 30 almonds without skin
- 2½ dl dairy whipping cream - 38% fat
- cherry sauce
- Cook the rice and water in the EasyRice cooker in the microwave oven - 15 minutes - 800 W. Do NOT cook the rice porridge with the milk in the EasyRice cooker as you will damage your Tupperware plastic thing. Take the EasyRice cooker out of the microwave oven.
- Add the milk together with vanilla corns as well as the vanilla pod in the Mircroplus pot. Heat it up to the boiling point.
- Mix the warm milk with the rice in the EasyRice cooker and leave it for 10 minute. Also add sugar.
- After 10 minutes cold down the rice porridge for 1-2 hours or night over.
- Whip the cream.
- Do not forget to remove the vanilla pod.
- Mix cold rice porridge, almond splits and cream together, gentle mixing.
- Heat up the cherry sauce.
- If you are whole almond believer do NOT forget to mix in this almond or you will be in big trouble with your family and guests.
- Serve and enjoy :-)