December 07, 2021

Christmas Calendar 2021 Day 7 - Wafers with almond flour


Today I will be baking wafers in my kitchen using a recipe from "Hendes Verden" (issue 49/2021). I have no made any modification to this recipe.

I am not buying any almond flour, as I will use my Bamix blender to blend whole almonds into a fin flour type. I am lazy, so I blend the almonds with their skin on. Perhaps this can be called "whole grain" almond flour ?

Wafers with almond flour: -12 wafers
  • 75 g almond flour
  • 250 g wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoon lemon zest from organic lemon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 500 g milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 40 g butter - melted
  1. Add the almond flour, wheat flour, lemon zest, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
  2. Add in the milk, and mix using an electrical hand-mixer.
  3. Add in the eggs, one by one, mixing in between.
  4. Finally add in the melted butter.
  5. Let the wafer dough rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
  6. Heat up the wafer equipment.
  7. Pour 2-3 spoonful of the wafer dough in the wafer equipment. Distribute the dough evenly.
  8. Bake the wafer for approx 4 minutes.
  9. Place the baked wafer on a oven grid, so the steam can disappeared, which ensures, that the wafer will become crisp.
  10. Serve with maple syrup, icing sugar and/or ice cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...