Some years ago I tried to make this Christmas liqueur with orange, coffee beans and vanilla. It was not a hit for me personally. Coffee and I is not always a good combination.
However, when I started to make my annual "production" of the Christmas aquavita, which has a nice delicate taste of orange, I decided to divide it into two portions. One portion being the usual version, and other version I decided to test addition of a little sugar to turned into a liqueur.
Orange Christmas liqueur:
- 0.35 l plain vodka
- 2 organic oranges
- 2 spoonful of sugar
- Peel the oranges with potato peeler, avoid to have to much of the white part of the peel.
- Dry the peel at 100'C in the oven for 1-1½ hours - the peel most not be burned.
- Place the dried peel in 1 l glass
- Add the vodka as well as the sugar
- Be patient for 14 days before removing the peel and the aquavit is ready for consumption.