December 03, 2021

Christmas Calendar 2021 Day 3 - Orange Christmas liqueur


Some years ago I tried to make this Christmas liqueur with orange, coffee beans and vanilla. It was not a hit for me personally. Coffee and I is not always a good combination.

However, when I started to make my annual "production" of the Christmas aquavita, which has a nice delicate taste of orange, I decided to divide it into two portions. One portion being the usual version, and other version I decided to test addition of a little sugar to turned into a liqueur. 

Orange Christmas liqueur:
  • 0.35 l plain vodka
  • 2 organic oranges
  • 2 spoonful of sugar
  1. Peel the oranges with potato peeler, avoid to have to much of the white part of the peel.
  2. Dry the peel at 100'C in the oven for 1-1½ hours - the peel most not be burned.
  3. Place the dried peel in 1 l glass
  4. Add the vodka as well as the sugar
  5. Be patient for 14 days before removing the peel and the aquavit is ready for consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...