For some of the drinkable Christmas items you need to get started in good time, as the alcoholic versions need to infusion for minimum 2 weeks and other times up to 30-40 days.
Some years ago I tried to make this Christmas liqueur with orange, coffee beans and vanilla. It was not a hit for me personally. Coffee and I is not always a good combination. So, when I found this recipe in the weekly Danish magazine "Hendes Verden" I decided to give it a try, as there was no addition of coffee beans :-)
- 1 orange - organic - only the peel
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 15 cloves
- 3 tablespoon of sugar
- 4 seeds of cardamom - slightly crushed
- 1 vanilla pod - cut through
- 1 bottle of vodka
- Add boiling water to the glass for 5 minutes or simply clean it
- Cut the vanilla pod through.
- Add orange peel, sugar, vanilla pod, cinnamon sticks and cloves to the glass
- Fill up the glass with the vodka.
- Turn the glass up side down each day
- Let the Christmas liqueur rest for 25-30 days
- Pour the Christmas liqueur through a sieve into a new clean bottle.
- Enjoy and merry Christmas
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.