|A "fortune" in Jerusalem artichoke|
Having recently been dining out I discovered, that a more refined word for soup is cream, so I decided to make my oven version of Jerusalem artichoke cream !!!
Jerusalem artichoke cream: 4-5 servings
- 700 g Jerusalem artichoke - peeled & chopped
- 1 onion - peeled & finely chopped
- 50 g butter
- 1 dl white wine
- 7,5 dl vegetable broth
- 2 dl dairy whipping cream, 38% fat
- 125 g mascarpone
- salt & pepper
|Onion and Jerusalem artichoke enjoying themselves in butter|
- Peel the Jerusalem artichoke. Cut those into smaller pieces. Do similar with the onion.
- Melt the butter in a cooking pot.
- Add the chopped Jerusalem artichoke and onion, and it softly fry for 5 minutes without the vegetable turning brown in colour.
- Add the white wine and let it evaporate from the cooking pot.
- Add the vegetable broth and let the soup cook for 15 minutes, until the Jerusalem artichoke pieces are soft.
- Add the dairy whipping cream. And blend the soup together.
- Stir in the mascarpone
- Season with salt & pepper. Cook up to the boil.
- Serve together with bread.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.