Some part of my Summer vacation I spend in the lovely Alsace. We went by car, so it was very easy to fill up the car with kitchen stuff brought in one of the big French supermarkets. I can easily spend hours in such a big supermarket with both food and non-food departments, where you so many interesting things. After the first 30 minutes I "parked" my mother on a bench, as she got tried to looking into cheese, dairy, jam and bakery products.
So what kind of thins could I not live without ?
- French magazine called "Patisserie" full of cake recipes in French full of great looking photos. I assume Google translate can help baking some of these cakes ?
- buckwheat flour, as this is much cheaper to buy in France compared to Denmark
- flour mixture for Kougelkopf cake, a cake speciality from Alsace
- yellow plastic container for storage of lemon and lime
- purple plastic container for storage of onion
- silicone form of miniature kougelkopf cakes
- silicone form for eclairs
- jam glasses in two sizes
- various French jams
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.