For the recent November afternoon tea I tried for the first time to bake a classic kougelhopf cake using a flour mix from my Summer vacation to Alsace. As you can see from the photos this cake outgrow the available silicone form !!!! So next time I should only take half the volume mentioned in the recipe on the flour mix.
My good friends from Horsens and I discussed flavour combination for Christmas version of the kougelhopf, so look in again in December to see these suggestion and if I have been able to tame the dough !!!
This cake reminds me about the Italian pantone cake in both taste and texture. It really taste excellent, so I have to buy of this kougelhopf flour mix next time I am in Alsace or perhaps find an "original" recipe ?
Classic kougelhopf: - 1 extreme big cake
- Dissolve the yeast in the water in the mixing bowl.
- Add in the flour mix, knead the dough on stand alone mixer, first 3 minutes on speed 1 followed by 10 minutes on speed 4.
- Add in the raisin and knead until they are distributed homogeneously in the dough.
- Let the dough raise at 20'C for 1 hour.
- Place almonds in the bottom of the kougelhopf form. Place the dough in the form on top of the almonds.
- Let the dough raise in the form at 30'C for 1½ hour.
- Heat up the oven (conventional) to 160'C.
- Bake the kougelhopf in the lower of the oven at 160'C for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool down the cake, before it is removed from the form.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.