At the bread baking course we learned to learned to bake these very classic buns. This recipe can used for types of bun with addition of grated carrot or grated squash in combination with different types of seeds. You could also used different spices such as saffron or cardamon. I think it is the best bun recipe, I have ever used for baking buns. So it is not the last time, that I will be baking buns using this specific recipe. Other versions of this bun recipe: classic buns with sour cream & milk
Classic buns: - 16-20 buns
- 650 g wheat flour
- 50 g sugar
- 100 g fat (plain vegetable oil or butter) - personally I prefer butter
- 50 g fresh yeast
- 50 g egg - or just use 1 egg
- 8 g salt
- 250 g water
- Weigh all the ingredients directly into the mixing bowl of the stand alone mixer. Keep salt & sugar away from the yeast.
- Place the bowl on the stand-alone mixer.
- Start knead the dough at speed 1 for 8 minutes.
- Afterwards increase the speed to 4, knead for 2 minutes. Check the consistency of the dough. If it is not OK, when knead it at speed 4 for another 2 minutes. Again check the consistency. If needed, knead again for 1 minute and when check consistency of the dough.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and place it on the kitchen table sprinkled with flour.
- Let the entire dough raise for approx 20 minutes under a damp cloth.
- When you evaluate, that the dough has raise enough, divide the dough into smaller pieces with a weight of 60 g each.
- Shape the dough pieces into bun shapes. Place the bun pieces on the baking tray covered with baking parchment.
- Let the bun raise for second time for approx 40 minutes under a tea towel.
- Heat up the oven to 200'C.
- Bake the bun at 200'C for 10-15 minutes.
- Cold down the buns, before serving them with a nice cup of tea/coffee.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.