As this week-end has been very rainy and rainy reminding me a lot of Autumn, the weather got me baking !!!
I have located this recipe on cinnamon bun with chocolate & pecan nuts in the latest issue of the magazine "Isabella" (issue August 2019). I have only made a small adjustments on the amount of wheat flour, as the originally level was too low in my opinion.
Cinnamon buns with chocolate & pecan nuts: - 16-20 buns
- Bun dough:
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 100 g butter
- 3½ dl full-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 80 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 750-800 g wheat fllour
- Bun filling:
- 150 g butter - soft
- 80 g sugar
- 75 g dark milk chocolate - fine-medium chopped
- 50 g pecan nuts - fine-medium chopped
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 g plain cream cheese
- 75 g butter - soft
- 125 g icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- cinnamon sugar
- Add all bun dough ingredients into mixing bowl of the stand-alone mixer.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes on speed 2.
- Increase the speed to 4 for 2 minutes. Check if, the texture of the dough is OK. If not OK, when knead the dough for another 1-2 minutes on speed 4.
- Let the dough raise for 1 hours under an damp tea towel.
- Place the dough on the kitchen table and roll into a shape of 30 x 60 cm.
- Whip the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl using an electrical whipper.
- Add in the chopped milk chocolate & pecan nuts together with the cinnamon. Stir the filling well together by hand.
- Spread the filling on top of the bun dough.
- Roll the dough together on the long side.
- Divide the dough into 16-20 buns.
- Cover a baking tray (35 x 45 cm) with a piece of baking parchment.
- Place the bun piece with the filling part facing upward close together in the baking tray.
- Let the dough for 30 minutes.
- Heat up the oven to 200-210'C.
- Place the baking tray with the buns in the lower part of the oven.
- Bake the buns at 200-210'C for approx 25-30 minutes.
- Cool down the cinnamon buns.
- Add all the frosting ingredients into a mixing bowl. Whip the frosting together using an electrical whipped.
- When the cinnamon buns are cold, the frosting can be placed on top of the buns.
- Finally decorate the frosting with cinnamon sugar.
- Enjoy and serve together with a cup of coffee/tea.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.