As comfort food for this gray, dark and rainy time of the year soup could be an excellent choice. I have found this recipe on mushroom soup in Tupperware folder (week 40-44/2019).
Instead of preparing it in the microwave oven I decided to cook the soup.
I also added into one onion to the soup, as well as doing the frying of both onion and mushroom in some butter at the start.
And I also increased the amount of cream from 2 dl to 2½ dl whipping cream, as 2½ dl whipping cream is the normally amount of cream to buy in the supermarket and I did not want to have ½ dl whipping cream standing in my refrigerator, where I forget to use it and afterwards through the cream out. This was my decision, you can take your own decision in your kitchen.
Any leftover soup can easily be stored in your freezer for later use on those days, where you have very little time to cook a meal.
Mushroom soup: - 4 servings
- 500 g mushrooms
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 20-25 g butter
- 6 dl water
- vegetable stock mixture for 1 l
- 2½ dl dairy whipping cream, 30-38% fat
- Pepper for seasoning
- meat balls for soup - optional
- chives - optional
- Clean and slice the mushrooms.
- Melt the butter in the cooking pot.
- Fry the onion and mushroom slices in the butter for 2-3 minutes.
- Afterward add into the water and vegetable stock mixture.
- Bring the water to the boil.
- Let the soup simmer gently for 15-20 minutes.
- Blend the soup into a homogeneous mass.
- Pour in the dairy whipping cream and bring the soup to the boil.
- Heat up the soup meat balls in the soup prior to serving.
- Season with pepper.
- Pour the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle with chives.