January 03, 2011

Pomegranate White Chocolate Chunk Cookies

In connection with shopping of different fruit and vegetable for the New Year I found some pomegranates from the bazaar close to work. And as I am becoming a bigger and bigger fan of pomegranates I decided to buy those as well.

Looking at various food blog I found this recipe on Pomegranate & White Chocolate Chunk Cookies from the blog "Two Peas and Their Pod", which I decided to test out.


As it is an American recipe the measurements of the ingredients are all in various cup-sizes. For those of you having no idea about, how this translate into more European style measurements I have noted the weight, when I baked the cookies:

1 cup  = 250 ml
1/2 cup = 125 ml
1/4 cup = 60 ml

1/2 cup butter = 125 g butter
1 cup white chocolate = 140 g or 100 g, if you only want use one plate of white chocolate
1 cup of pomegranate kernels = approx. 2 pomegranates.

375 Fahrenheit = 200C

I baked the cookies for 12 minutes, which in my oven gives crispy cookies, so I will use 10 minutes next time, as I prefer my cookies to be chewy.

And do not forget to use your apron, as removing the pomegranate kernels from the fruit can be quiet messy.




However, these cookies really taste great :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...