"Almanak": 2 recipes testedI decided to make raspberry jam using a recipe from "Almanak" by Claus Meyer. It is the second recipe, which I am trying from "Almanak". And I am really looking to taste it, as the raspberry vodka still is infusing in my kitchen.
Raspberry jam with rosemary a la "Almanak":
- 300 g raspberries
- 100 g sugar
- 3 tablespoons of apple vinegar
- 6 g gelling powder (citrus pectin, sugar and citric acid)
- ½ branch of rosemary
- Mix raspberries, apple vinegar and sugar together and let it rest for 30 minutes in the cooking pot, without any heating on, to get juice out of the raspberries.
- Stir in the gelling powder.
- Add the rosemary (cut into small pieces) to the jam.
- Heat up the fruit with full power on.
- Bring the fruit to the boiling point and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Fill the prepared glass with the hot jam and close it.
- Prepare the jam glasses by filling them with boiling water. I do not use any preservatives in my home-made jam, so this is important to increase the shelf-life of your jam.
- Another thing you can do is to store the jam cold afterwards.
- As the jam is made from 3 parts of fruit and 1 part of sugar, the sugar content is not high enough to preserve the jam.
- Fill the glass with jam and close the glass.
So you cannot put the jars in a water bath and preserve them?ReplyDelete