July 12, 2012

Rumtopf - white redcurrants snicking in

Tea table awaiting me picking up new fruit for the Rumtopf

A few days ago I received an invitation from my good friends in Horsens, if I was interested in coming around for a cup of afternoon tea on the way home from work. How can you say no to such an invitation ? Well, I could not !!!!

And at the same time we could evaluate the ripeness of their blackcurrants, which later on will be moving into the Rumtopf. We decided to let the blackcurrants ripe for another 1 week, before picking them for the Rumtopf. However, next to the blackcurrant bushes stood 3 small bushes of white redcurrants with some very matured and sweet berries, so together we picked all the white redcurrants, so they could be added instead of into the Rumtopf.

After this fruit picking activity we sad down at the table having afternoon tea, which was served together with two different type of blackcurrant cakes: blackcurrant crumble and blackcurrant cheese cake with white chocolate.

The blackcurrant crumble was very fruity and fresh in taste, which really is showing off a perfect blackcurrant flavour as it should be. When I heard about the use of butter, macapone, dairy whipping cream and white chocolate in the cheese cake, I was expecting a very dense cake, but it turned out to be very light, so you could actually eat two pieces of cake instead of just one slice of cake. Uuuhmmm :-)

Thank you very much to my good friends in Horsens for the afternoon tea invitation :-) I am always ready to come around for another cup of tea.

So remaining on my list of "fruit supplier" I still these fruits:
  • cherries
  • blackcurrant
  • blackberry
  • plums
As usual I cleaned the fruit followed by weighing them, so I know the amount of sugar need as well. Afterwards I add them on top of fruit already in the rum "soup" topping of with yet some more rum. 

    Content in Rumtopf as of today:

    • Rhubarb + sugar
    • 580 g strawberries   
    • 290 g sugar
    • 318 g red currants
    • 157 g sugar
    • 160 g raspberries
    • 80 g sugar
    • 124 g white red currant
    • 62 g sugar
    • Rum, rum and yet some more rum

    1 comment:

    1. Hi Erbse,

      thank you for sharing the link to this wonderful blackcurrant cheese cake, which you served for me :-)

      Kirsten :-)

      ReplyDelete

    Your comment is my reward :-)
    You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...