Apple mash or apple compote is something, which is very easy to make. The thing taking time making apple compote is actually the removal of core and peel from the apples followed by dicing the apple slices.
You can adjust the sweetness of the apple mash/compote by adding less or more sugar depending on the desired sweetness for the final use.
You can use this apple mash/compote for so many different purpose such as:
- eat it as it is with cold milk on top (a favourite of mine)
- Tartes aux Pommes
- Classic Danish apple cake
- Apple trifle
Apple mash/compote with vanilla:
- 575 g apples - after removal of core and peel and diced
- 100-150 g water
- 100 g sugar
- ½ vanilla pod - pod and vanilla corn
- Clean the apples, remove the core, peel and damages part of the apple. Cut the apple into smaller pieces.
- Place the apple pieces into the cooking pot.
- Add water.
- Remove the corn from the vanilla pod.
- Add vanilla corn and vanilla pod into the cooking pot
- Heat up and cook until the apple pieces are soft, between 10-15 minutes depending on the firmness/softness of the apples.
- Remove the vanilla pod from the mash.
- Mash the apples.
- Add the sugar and stir well.
- Cool down.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.