|Looking ugly on the outside - tasting great on the inside|
Coffee cake with cognac flavoured icing:
- 175 g butter - soft
- 75 g brown sugar
- 100 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ dl strong coffee - ½ dl hot boiling water with 3 teaspoons of instant coffee
- 250 g (cake) flour
- 1 pod of vanilla - only the corns
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-3 tablespoon strong coffee
- 2 tablespoon cognac
- 3 tablespoon plain cream cheese
- 200 g icing sugar
- Heat the (conventional) oven to 200'C
- Whip the butter, brown sugar and sugar with an electrical whipper until it is light brown in colour and has a fluffy texture. This takes approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs one by one, and whip thoroughly after each egg addition.
- Add coffee, flour, vanilla corns, salt and baking to the cake dough and whip until it look homogeneous and shinny.
- Cover a bread form of 1½-2 liter with baking paper, so you easily can get the cake out again. Fill the cake dough into the form, smooth the surface.
- Place the cake in just below the middle of the oven, bake it for 35-45 minutes at 200'C. Check if the cake is actually with a cake tester , before removing it from the oven.
- Let the cake cool down. Meanwhile you can make the glazing.
- Mix all the glazing ingredients together and whip it very well, until the icing is smooth and shinny without any lumps. Add more icing sugar, if the glazing is too thin in consistency.
- Pour the icing over the cold cake.
- Serve together with a cup of coffee or tea, if you are drinking tea like me.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.