Sometimes I need to make a "clean up" in my weekly vegetable box and put "loony" vegetable into a curry dish. This time I used a recipe on curry with coconut and lemongrass from the weekly Årstiderne´s newsletter week 40/2013 without any major modification.
Curry with vegetable, lemongrass and chicken: - 4 servings
- 280 g chicken breast – chop in chunks
- 200 g onion - chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 1 lemongrass - the bottom finely chopped
- 400 g carrots - sliced thinly
- 1 squash - sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper fruit - chopped in strips
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1 dl water
- 2 tablespoon of oil
- 2 tablespoons of curry paste
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 lemongrass - only the top - used for boiling of the rice
- Heat up the oil in a large cooking pot. Fry the chicken chunks.
- Remove the chicken pieces after frying.
- Add some more oil to the cooking pot.
- Add in all the vegetable and let them fry under frequent stirring.
- Add in the curry paste, water and coconut cream and let everything boil up.
- Add the chicken chunks back into the curry dish, and let them cook for another 4 minutes.
- Serve together with rice, which has been boiled together with the top of lemongrass.
Er overbevidst om at fennekel også vil passe fint heri :-). VelbekommeReplyDelete
Hej Karin ! Du er en modig person at komme med et sådan forslag !!! Fennikel er IKKE en grønsag, som jeg bryder mig om, hvorfor du jo også gerne får fennikelene fra mine grønsagskasser.Delete