When I located this recipe on kylling tikka masala med æbler on the home-page on "Sæson for god smag", I knew at once, that I needed to make this specific dish as it involved the use of apples. I still have plenty of apples from my very family apple tree in my little park, when though I am doing my best eating an apple a day (in order to keep the doctor away). And at the same time making this dish meant, that I could make extra portions for those weekday evenings, where the cooking needs to as easy as possible.
I have made no changes to the original recipe.
Chicken tikka masala with apple a la "Sæson for god smag": - 4 servings
- 1 red onion - chopped
- 1 red chili - deseeded and chopped finely
- 1 red pepper fruit - in strips
- 3 apples - core removed and cut into boat shape
- 500 g chicken breast - chopped into minor pieces
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 125 g tikka masala paste
- 1 can of peeled and chopped tomatoes (400 g)
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- mint leaves
- Greek yogurt - optional
- flat bread - optional
- Heat up the olive oil in a large cooking pot. Fry the onion, chili and chicken.
- Afterwards add in the garlic, tikka masala paste, pepper fruit and chopped tomatoes.
- Let everything simmer under lid for 5 minutes.
- Add in the apple boats and let everything simmer for another 5 minutes under lid.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken tikka masala with rice, mint leave, Greek yogurt and flat bread.
Post a Comment
Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.