For the excellent monthly blogging event known as "Tea Time Treat" managed Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Jane from The Hedge Combers, Jane has selected flapjacks and tray bake as theme for July.
Here in July I can harvest both rhubarb and lavender in my little park, so when my very good girl friend in Horsens shared this recipe of her´s on a cake with me, I decided to bake this cake for the tea table of July, where you sit in your garden drinking tea with lavender, eating cake with lavender and smell the wonderful flavour of lavender surrounding you :-) At this stage my good friend is about to have nightmares about lavender soap attacking her !
Actually I am quiet amazed, that my good girl friend so freely shared with recipe me, as it included the use of lavender !!!! I think, she still recalls these quiet soap-like meringue with lavender and orange bloom, which almost did her in !!!!
Karin´s Cake - cake with rhubarb and lavender:
- 300 g rhubarb - chopped into a length of 2 cm
- 2 stems of lavender - the flowers - and NO than 2 stems
- 1 egg
- 150 g sugar
- 75 g milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 100 g (cake) flour
- 20 g almond - chopped - optional
- Heat up the (conventional) oven to 200'C.
- Whip egg and milk together in a mixing bowl.
- Add in the sugar, baking powder and flour and whip again.
- Stir in the rhubarb pieces and lavender flowers.
- Pour the cake mass into a baking tray.
- Decorate the surface with chopped almonds.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the oven at 200'C for 30 minutes.
- Cold down the cake, before it is cut into pieces.
Great use of flavours ladies, thanks so much for sharing with Tea Time Treats!ReplyDelete