I have found this recipe on shaghetti arrabbiata in the one the weekly newsletter coming along with my weekly vegetable box from Årstiderne. I know it is not the season for fresh tomatoes from your own garden, but on a cold and windy Winter day it can be good to eat some food with a certain level of spiciness.
I used fresh cherry tomatoes. You can use other fresh tomatoes or canned tomatoes. I am considering to add in some tomato concentrate next time to have a more intense flavour of tomato. I would also consider to use more chili, as the taste was not very strong.
Spaghetti arrabbiata: - 4 portions
- 400 g dried spaghetti
- ½ chili - de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 400 - 500 g fresh cherry tomatoes - cut into half size
- salt for seasoning
- fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese - freshly grated
- Start by boiling the spaghetti for 9-10 minnutes
- Meanwhile heat up the olive oil on a frying pan.
- Start by frying the garlic and chili for 1-2 minutes.
- Afterwards add the chopped tomatoes.
- Let the tomato sauce simmer gently, until the spaghetti is ready.
- Remove the spaghetti from the water and add into to the tomato sauce.
- Serve together with fresh basil leaves and freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Enjoy :-)