As I did not have enough pistachio nuts (50 g is stated in the recipe), I used a combination of pistachio and pecan nuts as well as the walnuts. I still have plenty of pecan nuts after a recent trip to USA.
Regular readers of my blog will noticed, that I am in a period, where chili is used regular in my kitchen (spaghetti arrabbiata & pasta with mushrooms in spicy tomato).
Brownie with chili & nuts: - 1 cake
- 250 g butter
- 150 g dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 250 g sugar
- 150 g (cake) wheat flour
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ fresh chili - de-seeded and finely chopped
- 100 g walnuts - medium chopped
- 25 g pistachio nuts - medium chopped
- 25 g pecan nuts - medium chopped
- Heat up the oven to 180'C.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in a medium size cooking pot over medium heat.
- Whip the eggs and sugar together to a foamy mass.
- Add in the wheat flour and cocoa powder, and whip until the mass is homogeneous.
- Gently stir the melted butter-chocolate mass together with the chopped nuts and chili.
- Cover a baking tray of 20 x 30 cm with baking parchment.
- Fill the cake dough into the baking tray.
- Bake the cake at 180'c for 30-35 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Cool down the cake, before you cut it into pieces.