October 26, 2020

Pickled green tomato a la Gasto Fun

 

For my portion of pickled green tomatoes I decided to test out this recipe by Gastro Fun as one of the options using my last tomato harvest.

I decided to use a vanilla pod without any vanilla corns inside. I also keep the left over vanilla pods, when I have been using the vanilla corns from other baking activities in my kitchen.

I am looking to try these pickled tomatoes after the required two weeks storage time.

Pickled green tomato a la Gasto Fun:- 2 glasses

  • 500 g green tomatoes
  • 300 g sugar
  • 1½ dl vingear
  • 1½ dl water
  • 1 vanilla pod - without vanilla corns inside
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • potassium sorbate - optional
  1. Start by adding the boiling water to the pickling glasses.
  2. Clean the picked tomatoes.
  3. Prepare the tomatoes by pinching the small tomatoes with fork, so the pickling liquid can get into the tomato.
  4. Add water, vinegar, sugar, vanilla pod and cinnamon stick into a medium sized cooking pod. Bring the liquid to the boil.
  5. Add the pinched tomatoes into the pickling liquid, which should simmer gently. Let the tomato cook gentle for 5-10 minutes.
  6. Empty the pickling glasses for the hot water.
  7. Removed the cooked green tomatoes and place them in the pickling glasses.
  8. Add the potassium sorbate into the pickling liquid - optional.
  9. Pour the pickling liquid over the green tomatoes in the storage glasses.
  10. Close the pickling glasses.
  11. Let the green tomatoes store for two weeks, before you start using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...