May 27, 2012

Elder flower rhubarb muffin




The blog event called "Tea Time Treats", which is a monthly baking challenge event managed  Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Kate from What Kate Baked. It is Karen from Lavender and Lovagewhich is the hostess for this wonderful spring month of May. The theme for this month is off cause FLOWER http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/2012/04/new-tea-time-treats-for-may-get-floral-in-the-kitchen-with-floral-flavours-flowers.  


I found this to be a perfect theme fitting well with my very own taste preference for flower flavours. However, being on my very first summer vacation lasting of this year, I have been a little time-pressed to make contribution to this monthly tea table. 


As I have a freezer full of elder flower cordial from last year production and fresh rhubarbs growing in my kitchen garden, I decided to make muffins with these two ingredients.


Elder flower rhubarb muffins: - 14 pieces

  1. Mix cake flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar together in a mixing bowl with a cooking spoon
  2. Add buttermilk, elder-flower cordial, oil and egg into a shaker, and shake it together
  3. Add the liquid to the mixing bowl, and mix everything together
  4. Add rhubarb pieces into the dough
  5. Fill into 14 muffin forms
  6. Bake at 200' C (conventional oven) for 20-25 minutes
  7. Cool down the muffins, decorate them with icing mixed together from icing sugar and elder flower cordial.,



8 comments:

  1. What fabulous little muffins and I LOVE the flavour combination too! A lovely Tea Time Treats entry, thanks so much Kiki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,

      thank you very much for your kind comment as well as being a wonderful hostess for these virtual tea table :-)

      Many tea greetings Kiki

      Delete
  2. I'm making these for my School home ec project this week! It seems like a lot of elderflower cordial but I'm sure it will be fine! (1dl = 100ml?)
    Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct, 1 dl = 100 ml elder flower cordial as concentrate. This cordial is also a part of the liquid phase, where the buttermilk has been from a usual 2,5 dl (250 ml) to 1,5 dl (150 ml). The sweetness coming from the cordial is balanced by the acidity coming from the rhubarb. I wish you success with your school home ec project.

      Kirsten

      Delete
  3. Thank you, Kirsten, for answering my original comment! I have posted this yummable recipe on my own blog in British measurements and a few small tweaks, I hope this is Ok. Thankyou!
    Miss Kitsune

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kitsune,
      great to hear, that you have enjoyed these muffins :-) You are more than welcome to post this recipe on your own blog. Perhaps you could share a link to your version with me ?

      Kirsten

      Delete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...