May 01, 2012

Lønnestræde´s squash buns


I need some buns, which I could bring with me for eating away from home at various out-door activities such a walking and rowing. And at the same time I had some grated squash filling up in my freezer, so I decided to make some squash buns. As I also had some rye flour standing in my kitchen without being used, I decided to mix some rye flour into the spelt flour as well.

I used the recipe on Ringridderboller from the bread book "Hjemmebagt" as inspiration for my work with this recipe. The buns turned out to be quiet fine, I will not call them perfect.

Lønnestræde´s squash bun: - 14 buns

  • 100 g rye flour
  • 500 g spelt flour
  • 150 g water - boiling
  • 150 g milk
  • 40-50 g yeast
  • 20 g honey
  • 10 g salt
  • 1 egg
  • 2½ dl squash - grated
  • 50 sunflower seeds - optional
  1. Add boiling water and rye flour into a mixing bowl.
  2. Let this mix cool down for approx 45 minutes.
  3. Add the spelt flour.
  4. Mix the yeast into the spelt flour.
  5. Add honey, salt, milk, egg and grated squash.
  6. Knead the dough together, I usual knead for 10 minutes.
  7. After the kneading process, knead in the sunflower seeds. I usually first add nuts and seeds at the every end of the kneading process, so these nuts/kernels/seeds do not fly around in the kitchen.
  8. Let the dough raise warm for 1½ hour.
  9. De-gas the dough and weigh the dough into 80 g pieces and form a bun from here.
  10. Place the buns on a piece of baking paper.
  11. Let the buns raise for 30-45 minutes
  12. Heat the oven to 200'C (conventional oven).
  13. Place the buns in the hot oven. Bake the buns for 15-20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...